Thursday, March 29, 2007

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

So here lately I have been burning the candle at both ends… with a blowtorch… on the sun. The sheer amount of work I have been doing has kept me from a lot of my updates but I’m hoping to change that soon.

The Family: We recently had the kids transfer schools. It was not an easy decision (and certainly not a convenient one) but it is better for the kids. The school they are at only goes to 8th grade and then they will switch back to Adair but for now, it was the best move.
Amy is going back to work for three months at the Tulsa County DA’s office to help them out and snag some quick cash while waiting to get accepted into her nursing program. She has been on the waiting list long enough and I am hoping that her school will start soon. But we are planning on using her paychecks to eliminate one of the credit cards so I am all for it. Woo-hoo! We'll be a dual income family... for a few months at least.

Work: I continue to work to support the family full time but I am also working a ton on my writing career, which has left me exhausted at times. Still, these are problems that love to meet head on. I would rather have too much work than none at all.
I have turned a corner with my career in comics and I am a stone’s throw away from getting my own original mini-series. Let me type that again. My own original mini-series!!!
Up until now I have been working on other people’s projects. Some projects I have liked, others not so much, but I have been paying my dues and now I think it is time that I move on to an original RMF concept. It would be a huge step in the right direction for my career if I could pull this feat off. Time will tell.

So, needless to say, things are going really well. I’m busting butt to get things in order before the summer season hits and things start to get really busy.

More soon!

No comments: