Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Acupuncture is a jab well done.

FANTASY FOOTBALL: I’m a big football fan. Baseball, basketball, soccer, I could really care less. But pro football is my favorite. When your team is winning, then things are really good. When they are losing, it is tough to stay motivated. This is probably why I haven’t mentioned football as my New York Giants were stinking up the place for the first two weeks of the season. But we have had some impressive games here lately and it looks like they are righting the ship. I dare even mention the word “playoffs.”
However, I got involved in a fantasy football league with some guys at work. Nothing makes you pay attention to the NFL more than a fantasy team. Suddenly I’m tracking stats on teams that I never would have cared about regardless. It gives us a lot to talk about on Monday (and even throughout the week).
And right now, the Adair Arsenal is sitting at 3 and 3. (I should mention that 4 out of the six teams all hold a 3 and 3 record.) While I am currently in third place (ties are broken by total points scored), I am poised to take over the #2 spot in the league next week. We are about a quarter of the way through our season and I’m hoping my team will hold up. God bless Peyton Manning!

LAST ONE STANDING: The Discovery Channel is showing a new series called Last One Standing. (New episodes air on Thursdays at 8:00 CT.) If you want to see the ultimate in athletic competition, this is a bad ass reality show. They have only aired two episodes thus far but the series looks to be very promising.
I highly recommend watching this TV show. The first week was Kalopaolo wrestling in Brazil and the week after that was Zulu stick fighting in South Africa. Check this one out. You won’t be disappointed.

More soon.

No comments: