Saturday, December 15, 2007

Bakers trade bread recipes on a knead to know basis.

As I am known to do from time to time, I like to throw out some recommendations for those that visit the blog.

MOVIES: Two big movies hit on DVD this coming week (Tuesday the 18th). The Simpsons Movie might be one of the funniest movies of the year. Having already seen it in theaters, I’m looking forward to studying the extra features on DVD.
Also coming out on DVD this week is the best movie you have never heard of. Stardust comes out this week and it is getting my highest recommendation because most people probably haven’t heard about it. It is a magical fairy tale that is truly unlike any other movie I have seen before. I love when a movie comes along that I cannot equate to any other because of its originality and Stardust is that movie this year. It isn’t eclipsing 300 as my favorite movie of 2007 but it is certainly going in my Top 10.

BOOKS: With the highest possible recommendation, I strongly advise all members of the Foley Nation to go out and purchase your own copy of Stephen Colbert’s I Am America (And So Can You!) on bookshelves now. Now, I am a huge fan of Comedy Central’s The Colbert Report. I believe that it is consistently funnier than The Daily Show, largely in part to the great “character” that Stephen portrays in the book. The book has a laugh out loud moment on every single page and the clever use of comedy in the margins and footnotes only increases the absurdity of the commentary.
I cannot recommend this book highly enough. There are just rampant jokes throughout every page, some of which you really have to pay attention to get. I would loan out my copy of the book but Mr. Colbert’s rules on such are very clear. No loaning out. Which is also why you will not find this book in libraries. No free rides.
Thanks to reading this book, I am now 25% more patriotic and I am now one of the heroes. Thanks to Mr. Colbert, just like him, I am now America. Read the book and you can be too!!!

Right now I am also reading R.A. Salvatore’s The Orc King. The adventures of Drizzt Do’Urden continue in this novel. Mr. Salvatore is one of the reasons why I write and going on another Drizzt adventure is always a great joy for me. There is no greater character in fictional literature than Drizzt and Salvatore is one of my “magnificent seven” of inspiration.

Enjoy everybody!

No comments: