Monday, December 24, 2007

Happy Holidays, Everybody!

As I like to do at a time like this, I like to wish all my friends and family a Merry Christmas. [I know I am kind of pushing it to the last minute this year.] Given how the post office has become a bit of an antiquated notion in the whole digital age, I chose to send my official hello out via email. I figure what I am saving on postage and stamps alone by using this somewhat impersonal technique more than pays for my Internet service for the month. So let’s get it started.
All and all, 2007 has shaped up to be a pretty good year.
As with most people, our career often defines who we are. I have made my way through another year working in the produce department at Reasor’s to pay the bills. I doubt anyone finds that fact interesting but it is a means to an end until Amy finishes her nursing degree.
However, my regular work in comic books is certainly growing into a potential full time job. Original series, commissions, work-for-hires, I’ve got all sorts of stories in development ranging from vampires to gladiators to Martians to vigilantes. Couldn’t be happier.
Working at Reasor’s is great motivation as it is a stark reminder that I would rather tell big-boobed girls and musclemen in spandex how to fight aliens or demons as opposed to stocking bananas and throwing away out-of-date salad.
Regarding the family, Amy is going to start her official nursing program in January. We are all excited for her to get started. The boys have done well in school this year (their second at Osage Schools) and Lauren is close to finishing up her time at the Big Cabin Headstart. Alex is playing both football and basketball. Jason’s grades continue to be great. Lauren is very much continuing to grow into a little girl.
Amy and I celebrated out tenth wedding anniversary this year.
Despite having to battle two ice storms that left us without power (one in January, one in December), I can now say that I have lived in a Federal Disaster Area twice in my life. Who else can say that? Raise your hands. I notice the people in New Orleans aren’t laughing. We all miss your city but fear not. Loose women will gladly expose themselves for cheap plastic beads once more. If you know those women, send them my email address.
Other things that brought my life joy this year:
I joined the XBOX 360 Nation.
I joined the MySpace Nation.
I had a lot of fun playing Fantasy Football with some guys from work.
Marvel Civil War was awesome.
The Harry Potter novel series concluded and brought sentimental tears to my eyes.
All and all, I would say 2007 has not exactly been a tent pole year for RMF Enterprises but I think I will look back and say what we did this year laid a firm foundation for the success in the coming years.
So for all my family and friends, I wish you a Merry Christmas, A Happy Hanukkah, a Kwazy Kwanzaa, a tip top Tet, and a solemn and dignified Ramadan.
Happy Holidays Everybody!

Ryan Foley
General of the Groove Armada

No comments: