Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Reading while sunbathing makes you well red.

A long weekend, a long week, and finally a chance to relax. Labor Day Weekend was by no means a vacation for me. After logging 55 hours at the store over the last week, I am looking forward to a day off. I am hoping to get some writing done and relax a little bit. Thank goodness for my friend Luke at work. I think we made the long hours tolerable by keeping each other laughing, even if it is just in quick passings.
As I was leaving, a good friend Ra’ asked me what I had planned for tomorrow (finally a day off). I smiled and said, “Nothing!” Thank God for the overtime. I just found out the second season of Prison Break came out today.
Thankfully, (as reflected by my MySpace page), my XBOX 360 was returned this week after suffering a general hardware failure. Microsoft sent me a BRAND NEW console so thankfully I am back to raiding tombs with Lara and blasting battle droids and Geonosian warriors with my Clone Commando brothers. It is a nice way to relax after a hard day’s work.
I am getting artwork regularly on two of the three comic book series that I am working on right now. It is very cool to see my words come to life through artwork. The emails have been flying fast a furious but it is such an exciting time for me. I had to share the cover of The Praetorian with friends at work because I was so excited. Everyone’s eyes pop when they see it and describe the character displayed in the art as “cool”, ”sexy”, ”strong,” etc.
So I am working on several projects at the same time and I sometimes wish I could pull a Michael Keaton in Multiplicity and clone myself a few times. Well, maybe just clone one of me and about four of Amy. Now that would be cool.
Regardless, things continue to develop here at the Foley Compound. Amy is still taking her nursing classes and running the house while I work full time. The kids are back in school and doing well. Alex is playing 5th grade football and according to the kids on the team and the coach, he is pretty darn good at it. (Thank goodness he doesn’t take after his old man.) He’s going to be a lineman and Amy and I think it will be great for his self-esteem.
Jason was diagnosed a while back with ADD and we are working on medication to keep him focused on his schoolwork. Thank goodness for the councilors at Osage. They’ve done more in nine weeks than the councilors at Adair did in three years.
We are still trying to decide if Lauren will attend K4 next year or continue in Head Start. She is clearly becoming a little lady.
So that is it. I cannot wait for football season to start this Thursday. As always, I have high hopes for my New York Giants. Strahan is back and I think Shockey is ready to light it up. But as goes Eli Manning, so go the Giants. (Fingers crossed.) Plus, the new Fall TV season is right around the corner.
Good comic work going, lots of hours on my next paycheck, football season is right around the corner, 100-degree days are over… Man, things are pretty good right now! Hope everyone else is this good!

Ryan

P.S. I know it’s cliché but I have some other good news too… I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to GEICO.

No comments: