Monday, April 21, 2008

A Decade +1 of Wedded Bliss

Yesterday, Amy and I celebrated our eleventh year together as husband and wife. Which means eleven years ago, today, I was walking around Disney World in Florida. Admittedly, Amy and I don’t do a whole lot of celebrating. I think half of that stems from a monetary standpoint but we certainly did acknowledge the special date… if ya know what I’m saying!
But when I look at Amy, it certainly doesn’t seem like eleven years has passed. I look back and I certainly don’t feel old. It seems like High School wasn’t that long ago. I guess the time just tends to creep up on you.
Regardless, I could not have asked for a more supportive wife. Seems like marriages all around me are dropping like flies. Or when I see couples and all their excessive problems, it makes me cringe.
And then I thank God that we aren’t one of them.
Eleven years has passed like the twinkling of an eye and I am looking forward to countless more…

No comments: