Wednesday, August 26, 2009

They Should Have Called it “Cocaine” Instead of “Lich King”

As a community, I have heard several beliefs that pain is something that can be lessened when it is a shared experience. It is kind of like seeing a terrible car accident or a morbidly obese man in overalls… wearing leopard spotted underwear… that’s a thong.
The only way to ease the pain of your soul is to trick someone else into seeing it. Then that pain that you experienced is divided amongst two people. So you now only have to suffer 50% of the total pain. Get a third person to see it and only have to experience… Wait. Carry the one… denominator. 25% I think. Look I’m not a math major, okay?
So, when you have a terribly crippling addiction, you might say that you should contain it and refuse to let it spread. You should just take that addiction and hide it from the world. That is one option… The other direction you can go is to spread your addiction around to other people. And then everyone can become as consumed with the same addiction. Then some people can go much more overboard than you and you can look at that person and say, “Hey, at least I’m not that guy.”
Yes, kids, it’s gotten that bad. You see the World of Warcraft addiction continues to slowly seep away at my soul. I am not going to say that it is completely out of hand because I do still work, sleep, eat properly (if you can call my diet “proper”), and function within the communally acceptable parameters of society.
I am not certain but I think it is time for a support group. The only problem is that I am not certain if there is a building large enough to hold 11.5 million people.
So what have I done, like a drug dealer, I go around at my work and recruit players. I tell ‘em to go on the Internet and just try the ten-day free trial. See, you give them the first hit for free to get them hooked. F**king Blizzard Entertainment. Crack Dealers! That’s what they should be called!
See Luke pulled in Dave and myself. Then as a trio we pulled in James and Kasondra and now Heath. Then we found out Brad played. Then James got Shannon playing. And one by one we continue to draw in more and more players into our own personal Well of Souls. So for all the people reading this blog, I just have one question… Want to learn what The Empyrean Fury is? Shoot me a message. Remember: The power of the Fury is the group and the power of the group is the Fury…

No comments: