Thursday, September 21, 2006

TV on DVD and Random Ramblings

Has anyone noticed that 2006 is just flying by?
Amy (my wife) and I went to Wal-Mart today for some shopping and they already had 2007 calendars out. What the frig is that? And they have Christmas stuff out on the aisles next to the Halloween stuff. Where has this year gone?
But hey, the closer we get to January, the sooner Amy starts her nursing program and the sooner I can go back to writing full time and running the household.

So, as this is the official Ryan Foley Blog and I received no endorsements or any sort of payment for my work here, you know you are getting only honest opinions.
With that said, I just picked up Arrested Development Season 3 and My Name Is Earl Season 1 on DVD. Both these shows are modern day classics. Unlike most sitcoms, there is no filming in front of live audience so there is no laugh track. And the writing for both of these series is so spot on, it is sheer brilliance. I would recommend these to anyone. My father-in-law was over for dinner one night and despite company, I was like, “I gotta watch Earl.” He laughed just as much as I did.
Also, Comedy Central has started syndicating Scrubs. I didn’t watch this series normally but I’m going to have to freakin’ start. It is really funny, sometimes zany, and other times touching. They use a lot of crazy sound effects in the series. Does anyone remember Parker Lewis Can’t Lose? It reminds me of that. I might have to keep an eye out for those on DVD too.
Got a sneak peak at The Fast & The Furious: Tokyo Drift. It was pretty pointless. I liked the first one, never saw the sequel, but this was just too… I don’t know. A lot of 14-year-olds might think it was cool but I didn’t like it.


So, man, I’m in the middle of a marathon work session. I’m in the middle of 15 or 16 days straight without a day off. Hey some of my shifts are only six hours but still. You have to get the shirt and tie on, drive to work, so it is still a day at work. I’ve got some craft projects I’m working on (pics soon) but, dang, I want a day off! I’m getting pretty sick of my coworkers. I love the guys but I’ve seen them more in the last week than my wife and kids. And out of those last two sentences, only one of them lets me rub on their chest. So you can imagine who I would rather spend time with!
I just keep telling myself that I am working for my paycheck. Yeah, remember, I started this entry talking about Christmas? It’s not that far off, folks.

Don’t worry my loyal subjects, more info from this wacky world of Ryanland soon…

No comments: