Thursday, October 09, 2008

Like Sands Through The Hourglass...

Where does the time go? I often wonder that when I look back on a blog that hasn’t been updated in a month. Then I look back at 50+ hours a week because we lose 40% of our workforce on medical absences. Naturally, this does not make me a happy camper. In the Fall and Winter, business slacks of tremendously at the grocery store that I work at to support the family. But instead I am working lots of overtime. I guess I cannot complain about the money… but this detracts me from writing, which is what makes me really happy.
And the writing side of my career is really starting to pick up speed. If Amy was out of school and getting a steady paycheck, I would actually be willing to chuck it all and just start writing full time. Still, I am smack in the middle of writing a new script with a new contract so I am very excited. I try to ward off the brain slugs by whipping booty with my new Force powers in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed on the XBOX 360. It certainly helps me keep my sanity.
My little girl turned five a few days ago and my oldest son is turning 12 tomorrow, which puts him on the cusp of being a teenager.
Time flies. As Ferris Beuller once said, “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around every once in a while, you might miss it.”
I’m gonna go look around. Go thou and do likewise…

No comments: