Sunday, October 15, 2006

Ah Sunday. A Time for Movies & Football...

It’s been a pretty good weekend. I only had to work a half day on Saturday and had Sunday off. The Giants won (and the ‘Skins & the Eagles lost which helps us in the division). The Cowboys won but every silver lining has to have a cloud.

Went to go see The Marine starring John Cena. He’s my favorite wrestler in the WWE with The Rock retired. Not a bad first movie. Humor was kind of corny in parts and they should have focused on Cena more. It was one of those films that will do okay but then disappear. There were just little things that if they had tweaked it here and there and made a few changes, it would break $100 million because of the word of mouth. Maybe I’m cynical because I watch so many movies. You hear me WWE? Hire me as a consultant and I’ll boost your revenue a guaranteed 10%!
Still, it was a good first outing for a man that is starring in a film genre that is really deficient when it comes to action stars right now. No one has really stepped up to replace the Schwarzeneggers or the Stallones or even, dare I say, the Van Dammes. With WWE starting their own film company, there is a chance that we could see some real action stars come to light.

Saw The Break-Up with Vince Vaughn & Jennifer Aniston. For “one of the best American comedies in years,” it wasn’t very funny. Vaughn was really good but he always is. Saw Adam Sandler’s Click. It’s a modern version of A Christmas Carol. Not your typical Sandler film but still pretty good.
Finished a pretty big craft project this weekend but I am not quite ready to post pictures about it. Expect more on that next time. Stay tuned. Same bat-time. Same bat-channel.

No comments: