Thursday, October 26, 2006

Monster Giants & Giant Monsters

It’s gonna be good day, tater. First, on Monday, the New York Football Giants kicked the crap out of the Cowboys in Dallas. (Sorry Mom.) Michael Strahan tied Lawrence Taylor’s sack record for most sacks by a Giant, Tiki Barber gained 2,000 rushes in his career, and Eli Manning continues to improve. It was a good game. Plus with the win and Philly’s loss, the Giants are back on top of the NFC East.
I have a friendly rivalry with my boss at work since he is a Cowboys fan. It is nothing malicious but we both love to tease each other about it and that makes it really fun days after big games.

I got to see a sneak preview of Monster House on DVD. I really liked the movie and if I would have been 12 years old, I would have loved it.
When I was growing up, I loved the Richard Donner film The Goonies. It was smart enough for kids but nothing overly mature and you wanted to desperately find a hidden treasure map in your attic or garage.
Monster House sticks along the same lines. It is CGI animated but there are no musical numbers, no talking animals, and no kiddie stuff. It is smart and not filled with saccharine so it keeps the attention of the adults but it is not too scary or mature for little kids. Especially with Halloween right around the corner, this is a great time of the year to watch a movie like this. It’s about time to break out some scary movies this weekend for a fright marathon anyway. Add this one to your list.


No comments: