Monday, December 04, 2006

Digging Out... Finally.

So, talk about your miserable weekends. We are still hip deep in snow and trying to dig out of the sludge and slush. Thankfully the roads are passable again. I love snow but I’m ready for it to get out of here.

The Giants dropped a heartbreaker to the dreaded Cowboys. It was a close game and the Giants looked good in spite of the loss. Change one or two plays and the scores probably reverse. But it is hard to win when your opponents have sold their souls to the Dark Lord for victories. If I have to hear one more person brag and jump on the Romo bandwagon, I might shoot myself. No correct that. I’ll shoot them. The Chiefs dropped a huge lead to lose to the Browns, so both Amy and I suffered some big let downs in the pro ranks this weekend. The Giants haven’t won a game in a month but my birthday is this coming Sunday. Any chance they beat the Carolina Panthers as a present for me? We’ll see.

There were a few bright spots. The Oklahoma Sooners won the Big 12 Championship and earned a berth to the Fiesta Bowl on New Year’s Day. All the Sooner fans are happy and it is great for the entire state.
My wife found me some of the Marvel Legends figures that I needed at Wal-Mart. (My Iron Man Armory collection is frickin’ bitchin!) And my MODOK Marvel Legends figures are getting ready to ship from the Toys R’ Us website. So that is the good news.

The kids enjoyed a few days off from school and had fun playing in the snow and rotting on the Nintendo Wii. I think it is nice that they got a few days to just relax but Amy was climbing the walls. I had to go into work for a few of the bad days so I didn’t really experience any cabin fever. But with me, I can spend two days at home standing on my head. If Amy sits around for longer than 12 hours she starts getting itchy.

And since my personal editor is a school teacher. He was off for the past two weekdays and has today out, so I am an email away from being finished with the first (and hopefully only) draft of my second comic book mini-series. From there I will have to wait and see what job opportunity presents itself.

Well back to the grindstone. I’d say, “Looks like someone has a case of the Mondays.” But I don’t want to get my ass kicked. Mmmm. Yeah. Hey, Peter. What’s happening?

More soon.

No comments: