Sunday, August 24, 2008

Always a Bride’s Maid, Never A Bride…

Some of you may have already heard. Some of you may have been waiting to hear it here first. Unfortunately, all I can say is that it is true. I was not chosen to be Barack Obama’s running mate. I know. I’m disappointed too.
It’s shaping up to be a pretty rough year. First, I go undrafted by the New York Giants… again. Apparently a six-minute forty-yard dash is not considered an NFL level of skill. It’s all political anyway… And now, Obama is not picking me to be the vice president. Maybe my plan to put the unemployed to work building houses for the homeless was too radical. Maybe it is the fact that I have a face for radio. Maybe it is the fact that I scream obscenities at anyone who disagrees with me. I suppose there is still a chance that the McCain camp might call but I’m not going to hold my breath.
No chance at a vice presidential bid. No chance of playing for the Giants this year. I guess I’ll resort to not voting and playing fantasy football with my guys from work. Hey, I got LaDanian Tomlinson in the draft. He’s a point machine. Maybe the Southside Shockers can go deep into the playoffs this year. Yeah, that’s the logo for my helmet. And I’m in pretty good company because other team names include The Rusty Trombones, The Ball Bags, and the Pink Pounders just to name a few.
Hey, in all my ramblings on this blog, I never claimed to be mature…

No comments: