Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye, 2008!

So, it is times like this that inevitable cause you to look back on the year that was and begin to focus your attention on the year to come. Quite frankly, I’m ready to get rid of 2008 and put it behind me. 2008 was pretty crappy. With the whole “economic downturn,” struggling with high gas prices, and constantly being reminded how mired in trouble our country is in, I’m ready to move on to the promise of a new year.
Things weren’t all bad. I’ve made massive strides in my comic book career, having more comics actually hit the shelves and several more projects in the works. Secret Invasion rocked comic book stores. Iron Man, The Dark Knight, and The Incredible Hulk ruled the box office. The New York Giants won the Super Bowl in February and then turned around the next season and won 12 games and is in the playoffs with a number one seed. Prison Break continued to prove why it is one of the best shows on television. And games like Tomb Raider: Underworld, Rock Band 2, and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed kept me glued to my XBOX 360.
Still, I am tired of struggling. I’m tired of living from paycheck to paycheck. It seems like things that Amy and I have done have kept up focusing on the future. Finally, I am hoping that 2009 will be the year when the future finally gets here. I can’t tell you how excited I am to finally have Amy and I advancing our careers. I am hoping that 2009 can see me making the conversion to writing full time.So please join me in ringing out the old and welcoming the new. So long, 2008. I cannot say that you will be missed. And for all my bloggers, as always, I hope the best of your past is the worst of your future. I’ll take a cup o’ kindness yet. See everyone next year!!!

No comments: