Friday, January 02, 2009

Welcoming the New Year

2009. I wish I could say that I attended a massive party and had a wonderful time ringing in the New Year. Truth be told, I spent the evening watching movies. As the New Year began, I was laying in bed watching the ball drop in Times Square on television and then promptly rolled over and went to sleep. In my defense, I had to be at work at 7:00 a.m., which meant the alarm was going off at 6:00. And I am no longer a young man that can fully function with only a few hours of sleep.
I do find that the appeal of the New Year is very intriguing. Without a calendar, I don’t think you would know that it was a new year. And yet, that 01-01 in the date book gives people hope that things can get better. And this time around, I have real hopes for 2009. Fingers crossed. Stay tuned to this blog and I’ll let you know how it all turns out…

No comments: