Sunday, January 11, 2009

Well, There’s Always Next Year…

Ah those infamous words. “There’s always next year.” The battle cry of the loser. Unfortunately, the New York Giants join those ranks after their loss to the Philadelphia Eagles in the division round of the playoffs. Still, I can’t complain too much. I was really hoping for back to back trips to the Super Bowl but they had an excellent year. Combining that loss with the defeat of the Oklahoma Sooners in the BCS championship and it was just not a good week for football. I am sure Florida and Pennsylvania residents would disagree. Of course my biggest fear is that free agency will pick apart the Giants players and coaching staff during the off-season.
However, the start of the next season seems like a lifetime away. Man, I’m going to miss football…

No comments: