Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Amy's Big Test

There is the old saying that life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. And there are hundred clichés that go along with that. Stop and smell the roses. Life is the journey not the destination. And so on and so forth. We’ve all read the bumper stickers.
Several months ago, Amy made the decision to leave the legal field and enter the medical field. She is going today to take a general knowledge test to see if she qualifies for the Vo-Tech LPN program. The goal is to get through that program on the nine-month fast track, possibly take a job as an LPN while completing her schooling to become an RN, and then working as a RN making the fat money.
The goal is for her to start school in January and this entrance test is the first step on her journey. I don’t have any worries. I figure this is the test to make sure you are literate and can count past ten without having to take your shoes off. So, I’m keeping my fingers crossed that there will be no problems. Hey, I’m updating pretty regularly on this blog so I’m sure I will keep everyone in the loop.

No comments: