Monday, November 27, 2006

The Life of Ryan

So, I know how I have been talking about how the updates have been scarce. That will probably change soon.
I was commissioned by Arcana Studios to write my second mini-series, which once completed will bring my publishing total to thirteen issues! I have been working like a madman to get the first draft of that series completed and I am almost finished. I think six comic book script issues in 20 days is pretty darn good considering that I am holding down a 40-hour-a-week job and had the Thanksgiving holiday in the middle. When you work at a grocery store, Thanksgiving is a pretty big holiday considering 90% of the holiday revolves around food…
Speaking of which, we all had a good Thanksgiving. We ate too much (who can’t say that?) and spent the holiday in good company. Amy got to partake in all the sales on Black Friday which made her very happy. And we took some time to put up the Christmas tree and decorate the house.
There is something inherently magical about Christmas lights. I know it is just glowing filament but standing in the darkened living room in the glow of the tree or in the front yard admiring the house, there is a real sense of calm and tranquility looking at the wonderful glow of the lights. And the kids have all gotten to the age where not only are they are really excited about hanging the lights and getting the house decorated but they can help and offer suggestions on how the place should be decorated. Of course, Alex is ten and kids in his class are starting to make comments about how Anta-Say Aus-Clay isn’t Eal-Ray. I’m planning on digging around on the ‘Net and seeing if I can find that “Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Clause letter.”

No comments: