Tuesday, November 21, 2006

An Important Update

So some big announcements for the heroes and faithful of the Foley Nation.
1) I know that updates on the blog have been scarce and those that need the daily update are probably itching like crack addicts. Don’t worry. I’m still here. I have been given an assignment for my second comic book mini-series, so I have been hell bent for leather to get that assignment under by belt and shipped into my boss. So needless to say, that has been taking up a large portion of my time.
2) Over the weekend, the Foley Family became proud enlistees of the Wii Army. Amy stood in line for about three hours to purchase a Nintendo Wii. Our Wal-Mart got twenty systems and Amy was nineteenth in line.
We went ahead and gave the system to the kids and explained that this was a major part of their Christmas. Amy wanted to give the system to the kids before the massive advertising onslaught hit, so it would be a major surprise.
It worked out really nice because the boys had no clue that I had been saving overtime pay to finance this beast. It was a real surprise because we hadn’t talked about the system at all. We figured that if a bunch of kids got it at school and were talking about it, then the kids would come back and ask to buy one. But what if I hadn’t saved up the money for it or we couldn’t find one?
So it was a big preemptive strike that worked out great in the long run. No buyer’s remorse. Very cool. More updates on that later.

3) And yes, since we got the Wii for Christmas, we needed something to put the empty box under… so we put up the Christmas tree. And no, before you ask, November 19th is not the earliest we’ve waited to put up the tree…
More soon!

No comments: